Articles on Communication Systems and Networks
- M. Akar, "Combined power control and rate management for multimedia CDMA systems", Proc. of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Communications, Helsinki, Finland, September 2006.
- M. Akar and R. Shorten, "Time synchronization for wireless sensor networks", Proc. of the 17th International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS), Kyoto, Japan, July 2006 (proposed algorithms tested on a small scale sensor network)
- M. Akar, "Optimal power and handoff control for CDMA wireless networks", Proc. of the 2006 International Conference on Communications, Istanbul, June 2006
- A. Paul, M. Akar, M. G. Safonov and U. Mitra, "Adaptive power control for wireless networks using multiple controllers and switching", IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks (special issue on Adaptive Learning Systems in Communication Networks), vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1212-1218, September 2005.
Articles on Systems Theory and Control Applications in Automotive/Communication Networks
- M. Akar, J. Kalkkuhl and A. Suissa, "Vertical Dynamics Emulation Using a Vehicle Equipped with Active Suspension", Proc. of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Istanbul, June 2007 (successfully implemented on the experimental car PEGASOS).
- C. Villegas, M. Akar, R. Shorten and J. Kalkkuhl, "A robust PI controller for emulating lateral dynamics of vehicles", Proc. of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Istanbul, June 2007.
- R. Shorten, F. Wirth and M. Akar, "On nonlinear AIMD congestion control for high-speed networks", Proc. of IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, San Diego, CA, USA, December 2006.
- S. Solmaz, M. Akar and R. Shorten, "Online center of gravity estimation in automotive vehicles using multiple models and switching" Proc. of the 9th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 2006), Singapore, December 2006.
- M. Akar, "Yaw rate and sideslip tracking for 4-wheel steering cars using sliding mode control", Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, October 2006, Munich, Germany.
- M. Akar and R. Shorten, "Deterministic synchronization algorithms and convergence rates", Proc. of IEEE International Conference On Networking, Sensing and Control, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A., April 2006.
- M. Akar, A. Paul, M. G. Safonov and U. Mitra, "Conditions on the stability of a class second order switched systems", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 338-340, February 2006.
- M. Akar, S. Solmaz, and R. Shorten, "Method for Determining the Center of Gravity for an Automotive Vehicle", Irish patent, March 3, 2006; PCT, February 2007.